December 29, 2023
As a type of threaded fastener, the pre installed internal thread of steel wire inserts has obvious advantages compared to ordinary threads:
1. Extending service life: due to the stainless steel material of the steel wire thread sleeve, which has high hardness, the thread life of softer base parts is increased by tens to hundreds of times, increasing its strength and avoiding the occurrence of detachment and disorderly fastening.
2. Enhanced threaded connection strength: applied to soft low strength alloy materials such as aluminum and magnesium, it can effectively enhance the connection strength of threads. The maximum tensile strength of ordinary internal threads in aluminum profiles is 1394N, while the minimum tensile strength of internal threads with pre installed steel wire inserts can reach 2100 N.
3. Increasing the stress surface: can be used for thin body parts that require strong connections but cannot increase the diameter of screw holes.
4. Improving connection conditions, increasing the bearing capacity and fatigue resistance of threaded connections: As steel wire inserts are elastic fasteners, the use of steel wire inserts can eliminate the pitch and tooth profile deviation between screws and screw holes, making the load evenly distributed, thereby improving the bearing capacity of threaded connections anti fatigue strength.
5. Rust proof: the characteristics of the steel wire thread sleeve material itself and its extremely smooth surface make it suitable for use in harsh environments such as moisture and corrosion. It will not cause the matched substrate to rust and prevent the loss of expensive substrates due to the inability to disassemble threaded holes due to rust. Can be used for chemical, aviation, and military equipment in situations where high insurance factors are required.
6. Wear resistance, heat resistance, and corrosion resistance: due to the extremely high surface smoothness of the steel wire screw sleeve, it can effectively reduce the friction between the internal and external threads. The material itself has the characteristics of high temperature resistance and corrosion resistance. Can be used in frequently disassembled and installed components and frequently rotated screw holes, extending it's service life.
7. Anti seismic and anti loosening: the special structure of the locking type screw sleeve can lock the screw in the screw hole in strong vibration and impact environments without loosening, and its locking performance is better than other locking devices. Can be used for instruments, precision and valuable power equipment, as well as aerospace, aviation, and military in situations where high insurance factors are required for equipment, etc.
8. Easy to repair: in the event of threading errors or repairing damaged internal threads, the use of steel wire inserts can revive the substrate and allow the use of the original screws, which is both fast and economical. For example, diesel engine bodies, textile parts, various aluminum parts, lathe cutterheads, etc. may be scrapped due to damage to a screw hole. As long as they are re threaded and the screw sleeve is installed, the scrapped parts will come back to life.
9. Conversion: using steel wire inserts to convert metric ←→ imperial ←→ international standard threaded holes is very convenient, fast, economical, and practical, suitable for any import or export product.